Sundown Audio : Official

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sundown Audio : Official

Official forum for Sundown Audio, LLC.

Sundown Z v.4 15" Klippel Test (2012)

sundownz
    Admin

Sundown Z v.4 15" Klippel Test (2012) Empty Sundown Z v.4 15" Klippel Test (2012)

Post by sundownz Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:27 pm

** Originally posted 12/18/12 on our other forums **

This is from our first prototype -- as noted in the image it has a shorter pole extension that we will end up with. I will do more Klippel on final production models... but so far I am very pleased with the new suspension platform as it's linear WAY out past the 30mm range and BL is linear up to ~30mm or so as well even before the final motor.

Le performance also turned out very good on it as well; the taller pole will sacrifice a bit here as the Le shape will be more of a plateau in the outward direction rather than an even parabolic shape. Being a sub-woofer I am willing to take that trade for more linear x-max -- we could see over 35mm linear one-way linear on final production.

Production models in stock format will be stiffer than these so higher Fs and Qts spec as well as lower VAS -- but we will have a ton of spider options available for the new frame platform so we can make just about anything.

Sundown Z v.4 15" Klippel Test (2012) CIMG6767

Sundown Z v.4 15" Klippel Test (2012) CIMG6768

Sundown Z v.4 15" Klippel Test (2012) CIMG6769

The new 15" frame features a 257mm diameter spider and a very large surround to support a ton of throw (supports well beyond what is linear to prevent surround damage). The motor supports 62.5mm of mechanical capacity and we can get pretty close to that in the non-linear range of movement.

Sundown Z v.4 15" Klippel Test (2012) Zv4_Klippel_OG_15_Prototype

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:04 am